Please keep updated
- if you came looking for something and not found it here, please fill it afterwards
- if you work on an app migration
- update the app's row and
- make sure reality is reflected in columns and
- make sure introduced changes in columns are reflected in the migrated app.
First from the UX perspective:
Apps and app-launcher
- Migrated apps must have the same canonical, unsuffixed labels as before.
- Migrated apps must be in their original group (e.g. Edit, Manage, Target).
If bundled, old apps must be hidden from the app-launcher by default.
- Migrated and old apps are labelled the same („Pages” and „Pages”), see full reasoning below. As an exception, you may need to introduce some capitalization changes. Refer to
M6 labelcolumn when migrating.
- Developers may—and should—adjust their app-launcher layout as appropriate to distinguish apps during the migration effort (e.g. by creating an "old apps" group).
Here’s our conclusion re: Labeling old and new apps in app launcher
We need to differentiate btw 2 user groups:
- Group 1: Developers migrating to 6.2 > they prefer to have old and new apps at the same time, so they can test, compare, do the migration work etc. / it is also most likely an interim situation
- Group 2: Editors > they prefer to have only one app otherwise they will be confused which one to use.
Group 1 is a small and exceptional user group compared to Group 2. Therefore (in favor for group 2) we agreed not to label old and new apps as a default, they are named the same („Pages” and „Pages”).
But in the migration guidelines we should:
- Provide clear guidelines to migrate the full content (e.g. all pages in one go) and from then only use the new app
- Point out the case for developers and also provide them supporting guidelines such as
- create new app group „M5 apps” and move old apps into there
- rename/decorate the app label as they wish
- configure a role based setup
- Column headers must preserve their original caption.
- Columns must preserve their original width or expand-ratio.
App "names" (IDs)
From this technical perspective, we acknowledge app IDs are tricky to change for already migrated apps, and therefore realigning them is not a critical goal for migrations.
For newly ported apps, we should consider suffixing old app names with
-m5 , and using the previous, unsuffixed name for the new one (as per consensus on the Jira ticket).
This should be especially easier on "less central" apps than Pages, Assets, etc.
M5 label nowis bold only if it was checked that the name is correct. If you are editing that row, check the actual name of the app as old label and then bold it.
- Migration state can be assumed from ticket state, but a separate column is there for sorting purposes.
|M5 label now||M6 label||old app-id||new app-id||Ticket||Migration planned for||Migration state||Old version removed from bundle||Present in List of apps||Related tickets|
|About Magnolia||About Magnolia||about|
|Activation Tools||Activation Tools|
|assets||dam (incongruent w/ future app label and possibly w/ future app label standard)||6.2|
MGNLUI-5392 - Getting issue details... STATUS
MGNLUI-5755 - Getting issue details... STATUS
CFGUI-85 - Getting issue details... STATUS
|JCR Browser||JCR Browser|
MGNLUI-5759 - Getting issue details... STATUS
|JCR Tools||JCR Tools|
|Log Tools||Log Tools|
|Mail Tools||Mail Tools|
|Marketing Tags||Marketing Tags|
|Pages M5||Pages||pages||pages-app weak distinciton||6.2|
MAGNOLIA-7739 - Getting issue details... STATUS
MGNLPN-469 - Getting issue details... STATUS
MGNLPN-445 - Getting issue details... STATUS
Preview as visitor
(Preview as title after opening app)
Preview as visitor NEW
Getting issue details...
MGNLPN-449 - Getting issue details... STATUS
|Publishing Tools||Publishing Tools|
|REST Client||REST Client|
REST Client app
|Resource Files||Resource Files||resources||resources|
MGNLRES-331 - Getting issue details... STATUS
CFGUI-83 - Getting issue details... STATUS
MGNLUI-5346 - Getting issue details... STATUS
MGNLUI-5646 - Getting issue details... STATUS
|Sync Instance||Sync Instance|
|Tour Categories||Tour Categories||tourCategories|
- Some two worded apps have all words Capitalized, some only the first one. e.g. Resource Files but Campaign publisher or Preview as visitor Publishing tools, About Magnolia.....
- DEV-1438 - Getting issue details... STATUS addressed this.
- Find out which apps are missing from the list
- Standardise new/old labels and new app-ids
Getting issue details...
- Clarified in guidelines at the top
- Some of the apps are not present in Documentation's List of apps - marked as MISSING
- Handled in DOCU-1982 - Getting issue details... STATUS