First from the UX perspective:
Apps and app-launcher
- Migrated apps must have the same canonical, unsuffixed labels as before.
- Migrated apps must be in their original group (e.g. Edit, Manage, Target).
If bundled, old apps must be hidden from the app-launcher by default.
- Migrated and old apps are labelled the same („Pages” and „Pages”), see full reasoning below.
- Developers may—and should—adjust their app-launcher layout as appropriate to distinguish apps during the migration effort (e.g. by creating an "old apps" group).
- Column headers must preserve their original caption.
- Columns must preserve their original width or expand-ratio.
App "names" (IDs)
From this technical perspective, we acknowledge app IDs are tricky to change for already migrated apps, and therefore realigning them is not a critical goal for migrations.
For newly ported apps, we should consider suffixing old app names with
-m5 , and using the previous, unsuffixed name for the new one (as per consensus on the Jira ticket).
This should be especially easier on "less central" apps than Pages, Assets, etc.
- Standardise new/old labels and new app-ids
Jira server Magnolia - Issue tracker columns key,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution serverId 500b06a6-e204-3125-b989-2d75b973d05f key DEV-1409
- M5 label after migration column can be removed, if the M5 app label in M6 is predictably derived from the M5 app label in M5 E.g. Pages, Pages 5 Some of the apps are not present in the Documentation's List of apps - marked as
Status colour Red title missing